No more teaching grade 4 for me! Although I did enjoy the 9 year-old mind. The best was the last day of school when the kids presented me with a binder of thank-you/good-bye notes. This was my favourite:
That's right, I ride the DRAGON OF EDUCATION! That kid gave me plenty of laughs this year. Apparently Amanda, the SEA organizing this lovely gift told the students that if they drew dragons (it was all the rage the last two weeks of school) it couldn't be violent, and it had to have something to do with Mrs. Tolhurst. I think he nailed it.
Right now Joel is crazy busy on film projects, so I am left to entertain myself. I have a lot of planning to do this summer (again), but I decided that this first week I would only do things that are not related to work (even though I am excited to do some of the planning- there is a reason I like my job). Today I decided to hop on the sky train and do a mini-trip to down town to check out this:
The Vancouver Art Gallery was showing an especially interesting exhibition on 2 sisters (Etta and Claribel Cone - love those names) from Baltimore that collected wast amounts of works by Matisse. The lovely, colourful art, + French-speaking tourists helped me to pretend I was back in Paris.
Joel, met me here for lunch:
It was actually my first food truck experience. I was really hoping to get to the perogy truck, but it wasn't out today. Boo. Next time. Sorry Mom, I forgot to take a picture when it was all pretty. I had the tuna melt. Joel when for the brie/turkey melt. Really big, really good.
We had to rush back to the film set (since I don't see Joel when he's filming - sleeping does not count - I kept him out longer), and then I could snap some pictures of this lovely city.
Planning a couple more little trips for myself this week. Here's to hoping the sun comes back.
No comments:
Post a Comment