Friday, 6 July 2012

Getting Crafty

So I didn't go on any more little trips this week. Instead I spent my time with spray paint and thread. About 6 months ago (maybe more???) I found the perfect unfinished chair at a Salvation Army. White things are prettier than pine wood things, so I bought some primer, paint and went to town. About 2 months ago, while on an Ikea date with Bethany, I found the perfect fabric to make a pillow.  The only thing I needed was a sewing machine. Luckily, I found a gooder for $10.00 while out with Miriam at a garage sale.  Here's the almost finished chair (note the fabric is just wrapping a pillow - I still need to get one, and some cute buttons for the center).




I've also been ruining my eyes working on embroidery. I only know one stitch right now (French knot) and I wanted to work with that to get better before I started on complicated embroidery. I saw this online and new I wanted to do something like it:



Here's my version (so far):






I have some yellow and white to add to it to finish it off. I'm getting pretty good at the 'ole knot. Between crafting, I've been reading this by Susan Cain:


It's giving me a good reason to enjoy my alone time and be okay with not wanting to go, go, go. Yes, I am an introvert, and I'm okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment