I think the last time my sisters and I were alone together was on a 2 hour trip to my grandmother's home in what was then my new car. I'm pretty sure that's when they convinced me to get a nose ring. Last week we spent a bit longer together when they came to spend a long weekend with me in B.C. I was very excited to have them come and made sure to fill each moment with B.C./Seattle goodness. It may have left us all a bit tired at the end, but oh, so worth it.
The night after they flew in, we loaded the Yaris and headed across the border to the Seattle area. We stopped in Edmonds, before heading out to dinner at Blue C Sushi. Okay, so neither of my sisters are big sushi fans, but I had to take them to a place where the food comes on conveyor belts.
The weather was beautiful and we had blue skies the whole time. Perfect for spending the morning at Pike's Place.
Most of the time we spent going from food place, to food place. But we were so good at sharing all we got, like good sisters that we are.
Lots of giggling may have taken place. Especially by Erin, the best giggler.
The only place that made me gag a bit was the gum wall. We had walked up and down the streets looking for it in vain, and Erin took the logical step and asked someone to tells us how to get there. Genius. It's just really gross. I guess if you ignore that it was gum that used to be in someone else's mouth, and squinted your eyes, it's pretty and abstract, but I couldn't do that for long. Ug.
The rest of the time we spent at the lovely Target, World Cost Market, and outlet shopping. The next day I tired us out by heading to Richmond, Steveston, and the Bird Sanctuary.
Oooooo, mini donuts!
We all got a good kick out of the bench dedication below. Hey Joel, can I be your "bun-bun?"
And finally, what we got up to in our hotel room in Seattle, I'll let you judge who's the pro.
Aren't sisters the best? Mine are.



















Looks like fun! I didn't realize you have a blog. Haven't kept in touch with you in a long time.
ReplyDelete