Friday, 23 December 2011

Duck Daze

With is being a balmy +7 outside, Joel and I decided there was no better way to spend the day than with ducks at the Riffel Bird Sanctuary. Joel and I had never been west of Ladner and it was beautiful. After a quick stop for some local honey, then a short trip behind the turnip truck, and we arrived.





Scott and Miriam thoughtfully brought along bird seed. Well, at least the ducks thought it was thoughtful. I was pretty sure if any of us tripped, we'd have ducks all over us. I might have been ridiculously happy here. I love birds. LOVE them.





 These guys were a little scary. These herons could literally peck your eye out. Note the gloves Scott wore to feed them. Those beaks spear fish. And fingers if you're not careful.




The trails were gorgeous and full of Joel's "nice light". I think I'd like to go running here if I didn't have to worry about stepping on ducks (and if I actually was a runner).









I'm pretty sure the best part of the day was picking up 2 ducks. Hey, if you saw their little round bodies waddling, you'd do it too.

3 comments:

  1. "... a short trip behind the turnip truck" totally sounds dirty, wink wink. I think I'd be afraid of the ducks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you'd equate turnips with dirtiness, Kerry! What if it was a hoard of cats surrounding you? Would you be scared then?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be in thralls of happiness. Or possibly a little creeped out! (And it was more the short trip behind the truck than the turnips that made me wonder.)

    ReplyDelete