Saturday, 5 November 2011
31 on 31
As a child, I loved having my birthday on Halloween. I mean, who wouldn't love everyone dressing up and all that candy. At home there was even more excitement: my mom would transform our front entry for the trick-or-treaters, and my dad would dress up to hand out the candy. One of my favourites was when my dad was a lion (picture wizard of oz type) and my mom turned the entry into a jungle. Yep, birthdays of my youth were wonderful. As an adult, however, I was always glad to work at a school that didn't focus on Halloween. I'm not one of those people that love dressing up. You've got to own it to really carry it off, and I never really wanted to own it. However, Halloween is a pretty big deal at my new school, and as an elementary teacher, I kinda had to dress up. Also, as a neewbie, I didn't want to come off as lame. So here's Miss Universe. Thanks to Erin who Express Posted the sash. "What I'd like most is world peace, and helping old people...on boats."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

you did not turn 31. did you?
ReplyDeleteYes, Bethany. I am 31.
ReplyDeleteI'm also 31. We're OLD. (How'd that happen?) I love you as Miss Universe.
ReplyDelete