Friday, 9 September 2011

Pretty Light

Towards the end of a rather draining first week at school, Joel suggested we go for a bike ride in what he calls the "pretty light". Joel found a bike and helmut for me on Craigslist, and I was game to try it out.
It is rather pretty, no? We followed a dyke road from Ladner to Tsawassen. It was nothing but farmer fields and oceans on both sides. 




My legs are dying today, but so worth it. Even worth the ride back on the pitch black roads, praying cars didn't hit us. Next time we'll wear reflectors. 

3 comments:

  1. Aww, I like that! And I support the decision to use reflectors in the future. Please don't get hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know it's the law around these parts to have a front and back light on your bike at night? GET TO MEC! Also, MEC is close to our place, so get your butts over here too while you're at it. Cute picture of you two though, and way to enjoy the pretty light.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We did have reflectors on our bikes, but they are so tiny, especially in the dark, that I felt we needed reflectors on our bodies. But I don't need MEC as an excuse to see you! I'll come just for you!

    ReplyDelete