But most of my time has been spent doing this:
I'm going to teach grade 4 this year, and when I arrived to my classroom, it was FULL of stuff and covered in think layers of dust. The walls used to be a light-sucking rosy-grey. Joel and spent time taking down everything and the wonderful Natasha Lawyer came the first weekend we were here and we spent over 7 hours cleaning, taping, and painting. Now I don't feel like I'm dying each time I enter my classroom.
The rest of my time has looked like this:
Exploring Whiterock and places for good food.

Checking out the various farmer's markets.
Skipping work to go the the beach. It's 10 minutes away. No bigs.

Going to church on Granville Island and staying for food and just how beautiful everything looks around here.
And then back to work. This is how I'll be spending the rest of the fall. And winter. And spring. Oh joy.



Wonderful! Thank you for sharing photos. Your classroom looks great!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE THAT YOU HAVE A BLOG. And I want to transplant.
ReplyDeleteSo happy to have you "planted" here!!!!
ReplyDeleteYumm, I'd love to take a stroll around Granville Island again and pick out some food. Love you!
ReplyDelete